The Annual Film Festival is open to all Bay Area high school students. No entry fee is required!
Winners in these categories will receive cash awards, film production software or scholarships to the College of San Mateo, where they can pursue production studies using professional equipment in a new state-of-the-art digital facility. Your entry could also be seen by millions of viewers on KCSM-TV! The categories may be:
- Best Animation
- Best Comedy
- Best Drama
- Best Documentary
- Best Technical Achievement
- (Cinematography, Editing, Sound, Lighting)
- Best of Show
- (Winner will receive a $500 cash award)
The entry deadline for Spotlight 2011 is March 14, 2011 at 4:30pm.
ALL ENTRIES MUST TELL A STORY
- Entries must be no longer than 5 minutes in length.
- Submit 2 copies of your entry in DVD format. Please do not submit original copies, as entries will not be returned. Please make sure that your DVD can play on a DVD player, and not only on a computer.
- On your DVD, please write your full name, total running time (TRT), and entry title using permanent marker.
- With each entry, please include a précis: a 1 page document describing how you went about creating your piece, any problems that you overcame, and any other important information you feel the judges should know about your movie.
- All work must be entirely high school student-produced. Entries with work done by anybody other than high school students will be disqualified.
- Entries must comply with FCC decency standards (no foul language, no nudity)
- Since your entry may air on KCSM-TV, we encourage you to shoot in wide screen 16x9 format, however, standard 4x3 format is acceptable.
SEND ENTRY MATERIAL TO:
Please send your completed application, précis, and 2 copies of
your entry to:
1700 West Hillsdale Blvd.
San Mateo, CA 94402
Please send questions or comments to email@example.com